Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jewelry Zine

I tempted you a few weeks ago with a mention of the Jewelry Zine coordinated by Catherine Witherell and Deryn Mentock. It finally arrived and I've just had a few moments to skim! I'll need to spend a substantial time to really glean all its insights and visit all the artists' websites.



There are contributions from 42 different artists on inspiration, PMC, hot and cold jewelry construction techniques, business issues, etc. Hand-printing, though tedious, allowed Catherine to incorporate all sorts of papers from vellum to cardstock so that there are envelopes of goodies, cut-and-assemble boxes, and other little treasures. I'm so honored to be part of this wonderful collection!



The limited edition zine is available for purchase from Catherine. Don't you deserve one of your own?

To tempt you, here's my contribution on making a Book of Attractions from all those magazines piling up around your studio.