Thursday, February 26, 2009

Metal Clay Adventures


Tomorrow I leave for Italy, to spend almost two weeks soaking up another culture while playing with metal clay. What could better? Here's the prospectus for the trip, from Metal Clay Adventures.



Staying at the gorgeous Villa Arcaia in the hills of Tuscany, I'll spend six days sampling techniques for silver and bronze clay from Louise Duhamel and Gordon Uyehara. There will also be a few day trips interspersed, to Florence and maybe Sienna, and three days in Rome at the end.

We'll be "Riffing on Lentil," making a pendant based on the lentil shape. This is Gordon's project sample.



This trip almost didn't happen, because of the economic issues, but a lucky few of us have decided to persevere and go anyway. I'll have my computer along, so that I can upload photos and share my inspiration.